Cancel Netflix On Sky

W90WBA

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this can be done, but when I took out my Sky account in November, I also added Netflix to the subscription

However I’d like to cancel just Netflix (so I can pay Netflix direct for their UHD subscription)

Is it possible to cancel jsut the Netflix aspect via Sky does anyone know? And any idea how you go about doing it?

I have Netflix within my Sky subscription however I still just log on via the built in app in order to watch in full UHD with HDR/DV so you should be able tl
Just do this unless of course you don’t currently pay for the UHD service through Sky?

Why cancel? I have Sky Q and Netflix came as part of the package. But all 3 TVs also have built-in Netflix. Both work very well but we generally prefer accessing it via the TV, along with Prime and You-Tube channel.

Sky are not charging any extra for providing Netflix and I don't think they will reduce your subscription if you can and do cancel it.

I have Netflix within my Sky subscription however I still just log on via the built in app in order to watch in full UHD with HDR/DV so you should be able tl
Just do this unless of course you don’t currently pay for the UHD service through Sky?

I don’t have Sky UHD, didn’t feel it was worth it at the time I took out my contract

Why cancel? I have Sky Q and Netflix came as part of the package. But all 3 TVs also have built-in Netflix. Both work very well but we generally prefer accessing it via the TV, along with Prime and You-Tube channel.

Sky are not charging any extra for providing Netflix and I don't think they will reduce your subscription if you can and do cancel it.

I’d like to cancel because I don’t have Sky UHD just standard which means I get the standard Netflix, but I’d like to have Netflix UHD

No need to cancel. I used to have Netflix SD till recently. When I upgraded to Sky Q, they detected it and asked me if I wanted to upgrade to HD by increasing the subscription from £7.99 to £11.99. I accepted.

I’ve got Netflix HD via Sky HD

However I want UHD Netflix but I don’t want UHD Sky hence I’m looking to cancel Netflix on Sky

I’ve got Netflix HD via Sky HD

However I want UHD Netflix but I don’t want UHD Sky hence I’m looking to cancel Netflix on Sky
Sky will do Ultimate TV giving netflix and box sets for £6.00 and then UHD for £4.00 so even if you don't want Sky UHD its cheaper to buy Netflix via sky and consider Sky UHD and box sets a bonus.

Why pay £11.99 for Netflix when you can get the top Netflix package and Sky UHD for £10 and still access Netflix via your preferred method?

I don't understand this, I pay Sky for Netflix, because it's cheaper, but only watch Netflix through the TV app (UHD), phone and laptops. I never watch Netflix through the Sky box, the picture quality is awful.

I didn’t know you could get Netflix UHD through Sky without having to pay extra and subscribe to Sky UHD, thought it was both or neither

I never use the sky box either just the TV app

I didn’t know you could get Netflix UHD through Sky without having to pay extra and subscribe to Sky UHD, thought it was both or neither

I never use the sky box either just the TV app

You do have to pay extra. As per my earlier post it is £4 to add UHD to Sky. The Ultimate TV add on to give you Netflix is £6. That gives you a total cost of £10.

Why would you want to pay £11.99 to buy netflix Premium UHD plan direct from Netflix when you can have that same plan for £10 by subscribing to Sky UHD. It still gives you the ability to watch Netflix via your internal TV app and any other other devices in the same way as a stand alone subscription.

I'm on a different deal with Sky as I transferred payment of my Netflix Premium subscription to Sky when it was first offered, so I get Netflix premium for £3/m, I think for 12 or 18 months, I can't remember which.

You do have to pay extra. As per my earlier post it is £4 to add UHD to Sky. The Ultimate TV add on to give you Netflix is £6. That gives you a total cost of £10.

Why would you want to pay £11.99 to buy netflix Premium UHD plan direct from Netflix when you can have that same plan for £10 by subscribing to Sky UHD. It still gives you the ability to watch Netflix via your internal TV app and any other other devices in the same way as a stand alone subscription.
I was under the impression adding items to your sky package puts you into a new 18 month contract, if that’s the case I don’t want to take out another 18 month deal

Plus if the price difference really is £10 v £11.99, for the sake of £1.99 a month extra I’m not that fussed and I’d rather have the choice to just cancel it as and when I wanted

It is extra I think 🤔 as at 2023 .. ! It’s £7/ £8 or so or more upwards a month on top ..just noticed though this is a 2020 post so maybe rules have changed

Wow, replying to a 3 year old thread, why?

Wow. Me trying to be helpful to new readers who Google this . ?? That perhaps lol 😂 the original question comes up in Google leads to here so folks can still read it and maybe misled due to the small print as to which subscription and what “ free “ actually means .

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom