Canadian with Toshiba XS32 and ExpressVU

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by satboy13, Dec 8, 2004.

1. satboy13

satboy13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any Canadian with both XS32 and ExpressVU, is there a way to use the ExpressVU 3100 multi-remote to control the XS32? Sort of like using the XS32 as a VCR so XS32 can start recording with a signal from my 3100 box.
    I tried all the Toshiba code from the ExpressVU user guide but no go.

I used code 100 on the XS32 remote and I can use the infrared thingy to control my 3100 box to change channel using the keypad (but not the channel up-down button) and I can program the timer on the XS32 with the ExpressVU channel number and the infrared thingy does its thing. But I still need to look up the program from the 3100 so I am sort of doing an extra step.

Does it make sense?

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,267
    satboy, may I suggest you try www.avsforums.com - that is a US based forum and there are more likely to be users there in a position to help you. This forum is based around UK users and, with equipment such as this, our equipment differs somewhat from yours in that we normally get different machines, with different connections, that use a different video format. Thus any advice you get here is of dubious use.