1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canadian/US Plasma TV in the UK

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Hobbess253, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Hobbess253

Hobbess253

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    K, so I am about to move flat from small to big so have been checking out new TV's to take up the space that I will soon have :thumbsup:

I was originally looking at Rear-projection and may still end up getting one but have been getting tempted by Plasma, however don't have the budget to get the quality I would like for the size I want!!

Anyway this has meant scouring around for good deals on slightly older models through ebay etc. and I stumbled across this deal:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?viewItem&category=40176&item=5123512542&rd=1

From what I can gather this is coming from the US although it say UK location on it. Price is v.good and the TV has had good reviews around and on this site. However will it work???

I have a US power adaptor as I have an NTSC xbox so that would be fine, but how about Sky/NTL digiboxes, will the TV cope with these or will the US version not convert PAL?

Any advice would be useful.