can you watch feesat in other rooms of the house from one box?

shoestring25

Distinguished Member
i notice that alot of freesat boxes have an LNB1 out connection can you run a cable off this to another room in the house to watch tv (obviosly wont be able to change channels)

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
i notice that alot of freesat boxes have an LNB1 out connection can you run a cable off this to another room in the house to watch tv (obviosly wont be able to change channels)

The LNB out does not carry signals like a sky rf2 out. It passes on the lnb signal from the dish, to use it at all you need a sat tuner on the other end. With the main box on you only have a limited channel selection. To watch the channel being watched like a sky boxes rf2 out you need to use an external modulator

shoestring25

Distinguished Member
so probly best noto to use this connection and just run another feed from the dishs LNB to another box

cheers for the help

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
so probly best noto to use this connection and just run another feed from the dishs LNB to another box

cheers for the help

Correct but you need a multilnb they come in twin (rare) quad (the most common) or octal configurations. The term lnb is a bit misleading, lnb stands for low noise block converter and a quad has 4 each electrically seperate from the others. They share a common feed horn (the white bit at the front) which collects the microwave signal from the dish and sends it to all the lnbs.

General rule is 1 lnb for every tuner.

shoestring25

Distinguished Member
my mates got a quad on his house so going to run some extra feeds off that up the cavity of his house so there not visable.

cheers for the advice

zeberdy

Standard Member
Wonder if this could be a solution untill Humax get the network output working they have been going on about the NAS hard drive USB enclosure from ebuyer for £10 which seems a pretty good deal http://www.ebuyer.com/product/160919...roduct_reviews

I was wondering if we connected this or hard wired it to the usb port it could be used to get files onto your home network ?

Only downside I can see is its IDE so disc size is limited but if we were just using this as a network link it may not be to bad.

perhaps an ide to sata convertor would work ?

Of cause it would mean running some cat 5 cables unless it will plug into a wifi hub and then the limitations are endless at £10 I may have a go at one of these at that price they make a cheap caddy anyway.

Any thoughts ???

Zeberdy ??

Pollensa1946

Novice Member
There is no difference in capacity between an IDE disk vs a SATA disk. In other words the capacity is not dictated by the access method IDE or SATA. It's the case that almost all new releases are in SATA so the new larger capacities tend to be SATA, but that's only because most new PC's are now using SATA.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: REL T9/X Subwoofer + Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Reviews, AV Shows in a Pandemic and more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom