Can you use your OLED as monitor from time to time?

TheCrazy

Established Member
Reaction score
Lets say one turns off the dock and the task bar at the top. I guess lets say on average for a few hours a day, would it be okay to hook up my Mac to the OLED TV? I guess if one moves the window every hour just a little this would mitigate any risks?

One could also I guess just turn down the colors and the brightness way down.

I’d say there’s a good reason there are no OLED monitors and next to no laptops with OLED displays.

My samsung tablet has a 4k oled screen? Several years old now and no issues?

That's kinda what I was thinking. I also have a Sammy tab, that has no issues.

I guess I need to shit or get off the pot now. Either just use this TV, or just switch it in like 1.5 weeks, when I have a spare weekend.

Love OLED to death, but maybe I should just try to have all OLED devices outside of my TV.

Either I keep the OLED and do half my work on my laptop, when I work from home, or just pick up a QLED.

Lets say one turns off the dock and the task bar at the top. I guess lets say on average for a few hours a day, would it be okay to hook up my Mac to the OLED TV? I guess if one moves the window every hour just a little this would mitigate any risks?

One could also I guess just turn down the colors and the brightness way down.

You should be okay with limited usage and take steps to mitigate any screen burn, turn on dark mode in OSX, set desktop background to black colour, enable screensaver (if OSX still supports those) for a few minutes of inactivity, something preferably black, from my memory years ago OSX had a screensaver called flurry which would be suitable.

If your on an LG OLED you must change the input label to PC to get RGB 444 and change the black level in picture settings to Auto or High.

Isnt the tv a little large to use as a monitor anyway? It must be at least a 55".
Personally I use a 32" 4k lcd monitor which is about the maximum I would want to work with

Isnt the tv a little large to use as a monitor anyway?
Using a large TV for a monitor looks fine :rotfl:

ZtxFjFT.jpg

I use my panasonic 65fz800 as a monitor for my pixelbook and also for ps4 80% of the time and 20% tv mainly films.
I havent had an issue in around a year? so far,also I read that alienware are bringing an OLED 55 inch monitor soon.
I think we have a lot of OLED phone and tablet screens too?
Im guessing the lack of monitors in oled could be due to the size, seems they only make small oled screens (samsung made I think?) or large screens ( LG made 55 inch plus?)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom