Can you use your old Sd memory card on a new Nintendo switch

phillistoffee

Novice Member
Hi, I’m after a little help please, not very clued up on the Nintendo switch and how it all works, I have a old switch and 2 sd cards with paid for games on, I have just purchased the new improved battery switch and wanting to put my sd cards in but it’s saying I can’t use it in my new switch as it’s been used on another. But the thing is I want to sell my old switch and reset it all to factory settings so nobody can get my details or my already purchased games, so how can I get my sd card to work on my new switch, I’ve tried to log in on my new one but I can’t even manage that, sorry for all the questions but I’m feeling frustrated now as looks like I’ll be lumbered with 2 switch consoles now but only need the one. All help in simple terms will be most appreciated

hippo99

Distinguished Member
Google?

phillistoffee

Novice Member
Google?
Thanks, so if I just set up the family thing on my old switch or from my new one? So I’m taking it that non of my sd card will be lost this way, and I’ll be able to then reset my old console so I can sell it, otherwise I’ll be sending the new one back if I can resolve this. Thanks for your help

hippo99

Distinguished Member
Thanks, so if I just set up the family thing on my old switch or from my new one? So I’m taking it that non of my sd card will be lost this way, and I’ll be able to then reset my old console so I can sell it, otherwise I’ll be sending the new one back if I can resolve this. Thanks for your help
Did you follow the instructions in the link?

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom