• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Can you test something on your Desire for me.

Ivor_Biggern

As you probably know, HTC released an update that was quickly pulled by HTC themselves because of some issues.

The update was available for a few days and a few people downloaded it, the version in the update was software version 1.21.405.2

Since ive installed the update my phone can take a fair while to turn off, this is mainly happening when ive been browsing the internet for 5-10 mins then i go to switch the phone off after. It can take approx 1 mins 30 seconds to power off, the power off box stays on screen. I have my stand by set at 1 min and the phone can go into stand by before the phone has powered off.

I tested it once after the phone had gone into stand by to see if it had shut down or not, i pressed the power button to come out of stand by and the power off box was still on the screen.

Can a couple of you do a quick test.

If you have the new HTC software update which is software version 1.21.405.2 can you browse the internet for about 5-10 mins then try and power your phone off straight after, i just want to know how long its taking other people.

Also, can someone who is on the original software version which is version 1.15.405.4 i think, can you do the same test where you browse the internet for approx 5-10 mins then power your phone off straight after to see how long it takes to shut down.

I`m trying to find out if its the update that has caused this, if ive not been browsing the internet it seems to power off fairly quickly. Its as if browing the internet before switching the phone off is causing an issue.

Last edited:

jaztim

Done this for you.
I have the updated software update on an unbranded phone using an orange sim card.
I never had the issues you mention (and i always did this last thing at night) with previous software.
I also never have it now with the new software

Ivor_Biggern

Thanks Jaztim

I contacted HTC, they said that they were aware of the problem.

They went on to say that a new software version will be released in the next couple of weeks to ready peoples phones for the Froyo 2.2 update, they said that the new software release should fix the problem.

This is a snippit of the response from HTC, it looks like the Froyo 2.2 update isn`t far away.

I am happy to confirm that HTC have started to roll out preparation for the new Android 2.1 operating system which should resolve this issue for you. I am not able to confirm exact dates but you will receive in the coming weeks another update to prepare you phone for the new software, then you will receive the update itself. I was not able to confirm this in my previous e-mail as we have only just received notification of this today.

Last edited:

Ivor_Biggern

Except it says

which is not so new. Hope that was a typo.

Its obviously an error in his part as you don`t bring out 2.1 to replace 2.1, he obviously meant to type 2.2.

That recent update that HTC brought out has made my phone take forever to shut off, the shut down box stays on screen now for a good 1 mins 30 secs. I hope the new software release is fairly soon as it can be a bit annoying.

Messiah

Its obviously an error in his part as you don`t bring out 2.1 to replace 2.1, he obviously meant to type 2.2.

That recent update that HTC brought out has made my phone take forever to shut off, the shut down box stays on screen now for a good 1 mins 30 secs. I hope the new software release is fairly soon as it can be a bit annoying.

I've just learnt never to assume anything :)

I have the latest version on my unbranded unlocked desire and mine shuts off in about 5 seconds.

Ivor_Biggern

I have the latest version on my unbranded unlocked desire and mine shuts off in about 5 seconds.

Mine used to do the same before this latest update, i also have an unbranded and unlocked Desire that came from carphone warehouse.

Something in that update affected my phone, the person i emailed at HTC acknowledged that some peoples phones had been affected with the same issue.

At first he suggested that they collected it and it would go to one of their repair centres to be flashed with the original software, the only snag their is that you will be without your phone for 5-7 days which is too long at present as i don`t have a back up phone at the min after recently giving one away.

This is when he suggested waiting for the new software release to come in the next few weeks to ready the phone for Froyo 2.2, he said that would clear up any issues.

The phone is perfect apart from the powering off problem which takes forever, i can live with that as long as the new software release isn`t too far away.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom