Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Can you tell if a player has been hacked?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Pugger, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Pugger

Pugger
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have a Denon 2200 that is region 2 coded along with a DMR-E60 which apparently has been coded to play region 1 and 2 disks (well that’s what Digital Direct say anyway). I don't own any region one material but was interested in buying The Cat in the Hat. I was wondering if there’s any possible way to tell if my DMRE60 is region 1 compatible prior to purchasing the film as I'm none to convinced that the Pani is region 1 modified. I'm also worried about getting either machine modified as I have heard horror stories of the mods messing up other functions on the machines. One 2200 mod that makes it region free apparently disables the PAL PS function, which I use all the time. Any help gratefully received.