1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cAN YOU SWITCH BETWEEN 50 AND 100 HZ ON FX SETS?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by elviobarros, Mar 26, 2002.

1. elviobarros

elviobarros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am thinking of buying a 32fx65 and was wondering if you can switch off the 100hz and revert to 50hz on this model? The w££"ker at the Sony centre cannot answer my question.
    Also is it true that you cannot use light guns E.G ps2 time crisis on a 100hz set. Cheers in advance.:cool:

2. Darth Vader

Darth Vader
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I own a KV32FX60 which I assume is a slightly older model than your set. On my set the 100Hz processing CANNOT be turned off. In the menu the 100Hz option (called "Digital Mode" on my set) just toggles between different 100Hz processes (Normal, Digital+ & Advanced).

You may be lucky with your set, as it is a newer version than mine and Sony may have put a 50Hz option on your set. So there is some hope left!.

You are right in thinking that light guns don't work with 100Hz sets, I borrowed one from a friend once, and tried it on my set to try this theory out. I found it is unfortuantly true, the aim on the gun went haywire and was basically unusable. This was the same when I toggled between the different options that I mentioned earlier.

Have you tried searching the web for other FX65 owners?, I remember coming across a site once that was dedicated to just the Sony FX range, they might be able to help. Sorry it was long time ago and I can't remember the site address.:(

Or you could try to contact Sony directly, and bypass the Sony centre.

Good Luck.

3. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    FX65 IS 100Hz

DRCMF still buffer AFAIK