Can you still get a 5.1 decoder??

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by planetWayne, Aug 18, 2006.

1. planetWayne

planetWayne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Does anyone know if you can still get a 'seperate' 5.1 digital decoder?

My hifi can handle 5.1 with separate audio connectors for each of the channels but unfortunately does not have any input for either optical or coax. So - I'm after a 'box' that will do it. Klipsch used to do the 'Promedia DD-5.1' which fits the bill spot on - but its a deceased product :(

Creative also seem to do little boxes for use with PC's - are they any good?

two main uses - DVD playback and xbox 360. so hopefully nothing thats 'cheap' if you get my meaning.

Any suggestions?

Wayne.

2. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    the Creative decoder will do the job fine, Creative are not exactly poor in respect to technology with music so i would imagine the stuff in the box is probably the equivelant of what you'd find in anything up to a £400 AV amp....
    its just their speakers that sometimes let them down :D

3. planetWayne

planetWayne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya!
    So - Creative's DD-T100 should do the trick then?(Could only find the one!) I guess its up there from a quality point of view with decoding?

Just a case of getting the 1/4 Jack to phono sockets to connect to the amp...

Cheers
    Wayne.