Can you specify what order to choose DVD/BR audio tracks?

Matt_C

Distinguished Member
After getting my pal a Sony surround system that specifically accepts HD audio in PCM form over HDMI, he is ending up watching everything in DD as that's what seems to be chosen first!

I enabled all the options in the PS3 audio section; DD 5.1, DTS 5.1, PCM @ xHz 5.1 (didn't bother enabling the 7.1 as his set up is only 5.1)

Can I set it to automatically select an audio type first, and if that type is not available, then it defaults to the next on the list, then the next etc etc.

So for example, if a disc has DTS-HD it will choose that first, then DD-HD, then DTS standard, then DD standard, then 2ch etc etc - so the best audio track available is always chosen autoimatically with no user input

Uridium

After getting my pal a Sony surround system that specifically accepts HD audio in PCM form over HDMI, he is ending up watching everything in DD as that's what seems to be chosen first!

I enabled all the options in the PS3 audio section; DD 5.1, DTS 5.1, PCM @ xHz 5.1 (didn't bother enabling the 7.1 as his set up is only 5.1)

Can I set it to automatically select an audio type first, and if that type is not available, then it defaults to the next on the list, then the next etc etc.

So for example, if a disc has DTS-HD it will choose that first, then DD-HD, then DTS standard, then DD standard, then 2ch etc etc - so the best audio track available is always chosen autoimatically with no user input
This is decided on disc by the disc producer..some studios will choose DD5.1 as the primary track, other will choose DTS-HD. There isn't a way of forcing it. Just down to the disc sadly.

Matt_C

Distinguished Member
There's no way to tell the PS3 to "seek out" DTS before choosing DD then?

Matt_C

Distinguished Member
Oh well :(

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom