Can you say "i want it now!!".....

cornish

Novice Member
not everything is broadcast in 1080p yet.... what comes after the bluray player to take advantage of he new resolution though?

give it 5 years and the price of the new 4k sets will be a lot more reasonable, no need to jump on the bandwagon just yet :)

KhalJimbo

Distinguished Member
Seen this in the AV News section.

Trouble is, there is next to no content in 4k resolutions.

mooperman

Distinguished Member
content schmontent, who cares if there isnt any just yet, i can fool myself into thinking that upscaled is just as good as the real thing... :devil:

Ian J

Banned
Don't they say that the definition of a chav is someone who's TV screen is bigger than his bookcase :D

Stevieboy_uk

Toshiba have had a 55" 4K set out for a few months now (Glasses free 3D also) at around £6k but like everyone else has said, there is not any content available (still no 1080p transmitted yet I believe) and probably when content is available not only will the sets be sooo much cheaper the tech behind them will be better.

mooperman

Distinguished Member
Don't they say that the definition of a chav is someone who's TV screen is bigger than his bookcase :D
but what if you own a library and a home cinema.... a chav-non-chav?

Ed Selley

AVF Reviewer
I suspect that the depreciation on that is going to redefine astonishing. I'm loathe to buy AV gear at the best of times but that is going have the same effect on disposable income as the KLF.

Liquid101

Distinguished Member
A mate of mine was invited to one of the recent live super high vision broadcasts of the Olympics. He said it was like watching the real thing out of a big window. Sadly there are only 4 cameras that can even record Super High Vision, never mind broadcast it.

tvbox

Distinguished Member
I would rather have a 103" plasma in 1080p than a measly 84inch one.
As it is, I think 720p is like looking out of a window!

Mr.D

Distinguished Member
And none of you will reliably be able to differentiate 4k from 1080p even on a large screen anyway.

trust me I do it for a living.

Caskey

Chadford said:
...super high-def shaver rash? :eek:
Either that, or the resolution is that great you can even see the crabs.

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.

Latest News

Tom's Thumbs: What is coming to Netflix in November 2020
  • By AVForums
  • Published
Melco anniversary edition N10 library announced
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Disney+ UK for November 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Denon, Marantz and Yamaha AV receivers hit by HDMI 2.1 bug
  • By Andy Bassett