1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you record off Sony KD28DL11 digital tuner?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by MikeD, Feb 17, 2005.

1. MikeD

MikeD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi there I am seriously considering getting a Sony KD28DL11 and I want to connect my panny Sky digi box and thomson DVD/hard drive recorder to it.

Is it possible for me to watch SKY on the TV whilst at the same time recording from the TV's digital tuner?

Regards, MikeD

2. GreenBars

GreenBars

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Assuming it works in the same way as my KD28DX50, it shouldn't be a problem. With mine, you set the AV2 to output either the signal from the TV's Freeview tuner, the signal from the AV1 input or the signal from the AV3 input. You can then watch whatever you want: Freeview, AV1, AV2 or AV3.

I have it set up so that the Freeview signal is output from AV2 to my VCR, while I watch NTL on AV1. The same would work for you with Sky.

3. Eso

Eso
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have this TV, and as said you can record freeview.

For me I have my VCR in AV2, change to that channel, select Line1 on the video, which picks up the freeview, hit record and away it goes!

(Sorry for the really poor description of how it's done, but it can be you just need to wire it in right :smashin: )

4. MikeD

MikeD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for the replies guys.

Eso can you watch a different channel on the analogue tuner at the same time as recording from the digital tuner though, I know some sony tv's will allow this.

Greenbars KD28DX50 and I think other Sony's with digital and 3 SCART sockets are probably able to do this although I cant be certain, the KD28DL11 only has two SCARTS.

Regards, MikeD

5. GreenBars

GreenBars

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    The KD28DX50 only has two scarts like the KD28DL11. The AV3 I referred to in my original reply is the front composite/s-video input.

6. MikeD

MikeD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Green bars thanks for the info, all I need now is for someone with a KD28DL11 to confirm whether I can record from it's freeview digital tuner whilst watching SKY on satellite at the same time?

7. Eso

Eso
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I assume you can watch the analogue tuner whilst recording digital, though I have never actually tried it.

I would think it is possible though. I'll try and have a go later and report back.

I don't think you would have a problem with watching SKY or anything else as once you set the VCR to line 1 (or whatever input the digitl is fed to) I assume you can do whatever you want with the set other than change channel.