Can you recommend equipment

virturalone

Novice Member
Reaction score
I am overseas and would like to VR with my grandchildren in US. Is there VR equipment I can buy to help me do this? Thanks,

I guess you mean so you can see your grandchildren in 3D VR as if you were in the room with them.

How awesome an application that would be.

I guess you mean so you can see your grandchildren in 3D VR as if you were in the room with them.

How awesome an application that would be.
Do they have such an application, something that works that far away?

Do they have such an application, something that works that far away?
No idea, but they certainly should have. I’m no boffin I’m afraid, but I imagine your grandchildren would need a vr180 camera and could stream or upload the feed to a secure connection to you. You would just need the headset and good internet.

Also you wouldn't see each other's faces, because you'd all have great big headsets on, which kind of defeats the point doesn't it?!

Also you wouldn't see each other's faces, because you'd all have great big headsets on, which kind of defeats the point doesn't it?!
I would take it that he wants to see his grandkids, rather than them see him? Presumably he could have two way audio but one way video? So the kids are playing normally and grandads able to watch.

I think it sounds like a great application that loads of families would be interested in doing.

What are you trying to do, just talk with them, or play games etc with them?

Wouldn’t simple video chat just be easier for them to navigate

My vision was for like a 3D webcam. So the grandchildren or whoever could go about their daily business playing with lego or doing what they do, and a remote bored grandparent could just pick up a headset and log in and watch the fun from the comfort and peace of their own home. Even if they were in a different country they could almost be in the same room as their family.

I think there would be big demand for that type of set up if possible.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom