Can you Recommend component and digital coax cables pls

Ja55

Hi All,

Finally bought most of the equipment but stuck on cables.

Basically I'm after

2 x 2m Component Cables
2 x 2m Toslink cables (Is this also refered to as digital optical output ?)

1 x 5m Component cable
1 x 5m Stereo L/R cable ( I think thats what it is called)

The budget is £80.

I have no idea where and what makes / models to look for and whether the budget will be sufficient!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jas

pemberto

Jas,

Cables are an emotional topic. The best advice I can give is to find a retailer that has demo leads within your budget that they will let you take home and try in your own system.

You will have to leave a deposit, but then you can take your time to evaluate the pro's and con's of each cable for your ears and eyes.

Me I like Van Den Hul, but that's my personal choice.

Hope that helps,

Pemberto

Ja55

Thanks,

Had a quick look on flea bay and the offers here and don't think my budget will get me anything branded like QED, Chord etc.

Can anyone recommend something better than the freebies thrown in with equipment but maybe not branded / famous?

Thanks
Jas

harry m

have a look on the mark grant website thats where i sourced mine from.click on the advert at bottom of page.i e-mailed him when i got my xe1 and found him very helpful.

Brogan

PC World do a 1.8m Belkin component cable for £7.49: http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/st...m=null&tm=null&sku=675030&category_oid=-22932
Ignore the image, it's definitely component and not S-Video.

For the optical/toslink cables, pretty much the cheapest cable you can get will be fine.

The 5m component and L/R Phono are a personal choice - pick a budget and see what you can get for your money and whether you think it's worth paying more than the cheapest available.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom