Can you recommend a pair of wireless surround sound headphones?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by FuzzyFreak, Oct 27, 2004.

1. FuzzyFreak

FuzzyFreak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Usual scenario, same as the others. Late night TV and computer games, don't want to disturb the wife, kids, neighbours etc.

Wireless would give me better freedom in the lounge - PC would prefer surround for the type of games I play, surround would also be great for late night DVD watching.

I would prefer that the wireless option was free from noise, battery charging and heavy on the ears.

Does anybody know of a product I'd be happy with?

Cheers in advance.

2. Sting King

Sting King

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Pioneer SE-DIR800C, Meets all of the criteria. check out reviews on this site.
    Costs about £300 UK.

3. FuzzyFreak

FuzzyFreak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Sting King, I had already looked at this and was wondering if there were any other alternatives due to the high price. I also notice this system has a rather bulky decoding/transmission unit which might not be particularly transferrable from TV to PC everytime I want to use it on the other.

I have since asked myself whether surround is really worth it, I am even wondering if cordless is now because I have had to rethink my lifestyle (kid on the way). I might integrate the PC with the TV/Hi Fi/DD Amp and have a single source for sound, this way I could just get a decent pair of Senheiser and not compromise on the sound quality at all which I might lose from getting wireless.

Thanks for your response.

Fuzz