• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Can you pre-order an upgrade?

Kahayes

I'm maybe not reading this correctly but in the 02 chat it seems to suggest that if you are upgrading (rather than starting a new contract) that you have to wait until the release day to do anything. Am I misunderstanding, or is this correct? Is tomorrow only for those who are buying (PAYG) or starting a new contract?:)

roxyskinflint

yeah thats what i want to know really, id at least like to think i can get one on day one, i think ill resevere one to buy in store if they wont let me use that phone in the 02 shop as an upgrade ill just leave it,

shade_of_meta

I'm maybe not reading this correctly but in the 02 chat it seems to suggest that if you are upgrading (rather than starting a new contract) that you have to wait until the release day to do anything. Am I misunderstanding, or is this correct? Is tomorrow only for those who are buying (PAYG) or starting a new contract?:)

its sounding more like that.... many sources are now citing O2 aren't doing pre orders and its first come first served on the 24th!

roxyskinflint

Ill head to my local 02 store that imagine will be the least busy then, theres a McDonalds nxt door so ill head down stupid o clock and see what queue is like if its ok ill sit in maccy d's in the warm!!

shade_of_meta

Ill head to my local 02 store that imagine will be the least busy then, theres a McDonalds nxt door so ill head down stupid o clock and see what queue is like if its ok ill sit in maccy d's in the warm!!

Similar layout here....last year the O2 store was empty but I can't see that happening this year!

roxyskinflint

Well i think ill go to team Valley in gateshead, as id imagine a lot of folk will head to the various phone shops in the metro centre then also eldon sqaure who also have an apple store.

oasismark

Distinguished Member
New contracts definitely get priority over upgrades.

Mr Nook

Distinguished Member
Hi

I was going to get a PayG but have just realised my current O2 contract ends now so may as well just upgrade.

However, since we can't order til the 24th I'm slightly concerned about availability if all the pre-orders from the 15th use up the stock.

I'm not sure if that's a real concern. What's people's feelings on availability come the 24th? Hopefully enough to go round but I've no previous experience of buying Apple stuff at launch so don't know.

Feedback appreciated :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom