can you please sign for this British soldier

Please clarify.

I'm guessing this isn't £800 for a passport but the naturalisation fee to become a British Citizen.

If so, then I imagine that the passport fee will be on top and will be the same that any UK citizen would pay.

Cheers,

Nigel

Please clarify.

I'm guessing this isn't £800 for a passport but the naturalisation fee to become a British Citizen.

If so, then I imagine that the passport fee will be on top and will be the same that any UK citizen would pay.

Cheers,

Nigel

I wondered this also :smashin:

Please clarify.

Cheers,

Nigel

Would be interested to hear the answer to this.

if he wants to continue to fight for this country his south African passport has expired so he can't go to theater or on exercise with his unit who are due to be deployed soon.so he must pay just short of £900 so he can continue his army career. this i think is a disgrace another shambles the government need to address asap.he has been to Iraq afghan and due to return to afghan this year for another 9 months

I don't understand why you think he shouldnt have to pay?

I don't understand why you think he shouldnt have to pay?

well why should he pay.he fights for US and this government.yet he got to spend the money he gets for fighting to buy a passport because he is african.it's not like it's the cost of a passport for us British 9 times higher.

Sounds a bit strange, I would have thought his unit would have sorted this out, or be given a NATO travel order, Military ID cards used to be enough as well...

So is he stuck in Africa but can't get back to the UK? If so, what did his unit say about that?

Last edited:
signed !

Good luck

Sounds a bit strange, I would have thought his unit would have sorted this out, or be given a NATO travel order, Military ID cards used to be enough as well...

So is he stuck in Africa but can't get back to the UK? If so, what did his unit say about that?

He's in the UK serving with the Irish regiment.not sure about NATO or ID card.his wife but it all on Facebook

well why should he pay.he fights for US and this government.yet he got to spend the money he gets for fighting to buy a passport because he is african.it's not like it's the cost of a passport for us British 9 times higher.

I still don't understand, just because he's in the army why should we pay for his passport?
We all have to buy passports.

I still don't understand, just because he's in the army why should we pay for his passport?
We all have to buy passports.

I kind of agree in some part here, I mean was it not his choice to join the army in the first place, do others in similar situations with their passports not have to pay the money, if so why should we be paying it for him...

I didn't want to sound mean either, but they do get well paid to do the job.

I wouldn't want to do it, but I doubt he would want to do mine either.

I didn't want to sound mean either, but they do get well paid to do the job.

I wouldn't want to do it, but I doubt he would want to do mine either.

Do they get well paid? Whats the wage for a private nowadays.

Do they get well paid? Whats the wage for a private nowadays.

Wasn't aware he was a private still. Read he had been in the country for ten years, so assumed he was up the ranks somewhat.

But I guess it's tax free or low tax. Even as a private, he's doing better than me!

In 2004 i got £800 a month after tax while serving in Iraq.

A soldier still pays tax while serving abroad which makes no sense to me. US service personnel don't.

By the time i went to Afghanistan there was a scheme in place that gave a private soldier around £2000 as a bonus to make up for paying tax. This was in 2007.

Its hard to compare a military wage to a civi one as their living costs are so different. All of my military friends left their regiments in debt though which is important to note. Thats as much their life style as lack of wages though.

While I think its important to remember what the military do for us, I dont believe anyone owes them anything. Not these days. Not when we only have volunteers in our military and our national safety isn't at steak like in WW2 etc.

Last edited:
he's a lance jack but hoping for promotion.he has no problem paying for a passport if it was £70 like we have to pay but when you asking someone to pay nealy £900 is a bit much..

thanks to everyone who signed

he's a lance jack but hoping for promotion.he has no problem paying for a passport if it was £70 like we have to pay but when you asking someone to pay nealy £900 is a bit much..

thanks to everyone who signed

**** happens

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom