• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Can you please help me get an RF to Scart converter?

jaykay2

Hey guys, just looking for some information. Not sure if this question is in the right area of the forum but, just wondering if you would be able to point me in the direction of a converter to convert an RF cable to Scart.

Don't know if it is possible but I need to convert the signal from a local cable company (which doesn't have scart output) to a scart signal so i can use a sender to send the channels to an upstairs room.

Again, not sure if its possible but thanks in advance.

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
If I am interpreting you correctly, you're talking about the cable company's RF cable. You would need a complete cable settop box (STB) to do this. They have SCART outputs of course. With a 3rd party STB only the basic 5 terrestrial channels would be available unless you purchased an official subscription from the cable company anyway - and they would then loan you the STB.

Chris Muriel, Manchester

jaykay2

Thanks very much for the reply chris. Guess that rules out using the sender that we have allready. Probably not worth doing. Will prob just split the cable going to the tv and run it upstairs. Thanks agian.

D

Deleted member 30535

Not only that, a "sender" transmits a single channel composite signal, not an RF signal. So even if you had a such a converter, your sender won't send all the channels but just a single video signal. Your remote TV would only be able to pick up the single "video channel" that the sender was transmitting.

jaykay2

Thanks Mr Incredible. That makes sense. My dad actually bought it without knowing if it would def work. Kind of thought it might not be possible myself.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom