Can you play split-screen COD2 over system link?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by John Archer, Mar 8, 2006.

1. John Archer

John Archer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thinking of having a bit of a lad's night in the next week or two with a couple of 360s linked together. Which had me wondering if anyone knew if COD2 supported split-screen play via the System Link option (so that 8 people could play at once on two 360s), or whether it can only handle one person per console?

Ta

2. Scapegoat

Scapegoat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    Don't think so. I had a lads weekend last weekend and we tried it and failed (posted on here - got loads of views but no responses).

It was bit hit and miss to get two players with a screen each to be honest.

PGR worked a treat though. 4 player, 2 on 2 capture the track is great fun. Losing all the way round and then nick the last two sections on the last lap :D :D Top stuff.

3. The Codfather

The Codfather
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Same here, I posted a couple of weeks back got a bucket of looks, but no responses.

I actually emailed Inifinity Ward about this asking why it's possible to play 4 per box, but there's no option for 4 per box in the System Link option, hopefully they'll get back to me :/

It's annoying cos we've played Halo 2 over 4 Xboxes (12-14 Player) practically every Saturday for the last year and a half, had a little go at 4 player Split Screen CoD2 at our last session and loved it, so it seems such a shame that the option of a decent amount of players on System Link has been missed out as it would've been fantastic to play it with 8 (or more) players.