Can you play GTA 5 on PS5 online with PS4 players?

sounddude1

Novice Member
Hi all,
I was thinking of getting a PS4, but my friend says that the PS5 can run GTA 5. If this is true, can you also play online with PS4 players?. Thanks in advance.

duffbeerdrinker

Distinguished Member
Yep. I've been playing GTA online this week with a friend of mine who still has a PS4.

Darth_terra

Distinguished Member
GTA 5 online is currently playing in BC mode on PS5 it's the PS4 version your playing, there is a Free PS5 version coming soon, I expect you will still play with PS4 players I can't see them changing that.

Wing80surfer

GTA 5 online is currently playing in BC mode on PS5 it's the PS4 version your playing, there is a Free PS5 version coming soon, I expect you will still play with PS4 players I can't see them changing that.
Heard anything about an ETA? I can’t find anything other than ‘second half of 2021’

Darth_terra

Distinguished Member
No nothing they didn't give a date when they announced it just 2021, then the second half of 2021, Take-Two are at E3 this year so it could be said then.

redwinnie

Dont forget you can get $1million in game free, each month you log in until its released.

I think its changed and you now redeem it via the PSN store. Look for the shark cards and there will be a free $1million option.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J Thoughts, madVR Processor & Sonus faber Lumina II Reviews + Movie & TV roundup
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom