Can you officially Pre-order a PS3 yet?

• Thread starter Deleted member 92943
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 92943

I was wondering if you can officailly pre-order a PS3 yet as some perople cliam to have one on order already yet, i have not heard much about it

I am likely to get one from GAME if i do, and as far as i'm aware they are only allowing people to register their INTEREST

Cheers

D

danny2k5

yes you can pre-order them, but you have to put a £150 deposit down. thats with ALL the shops

psikey

Distinguished Member
I've had one order online since May (then they quickly stopped pre-orders due to demand).

I also have a pre-order at my local Gamestation since May with £20 deposit, 2nd to pre-order with 2nd written on receipt with managers signature.

I phoned them regarding the £150 deposit rumurs recently but they said no worry, my £20 deposit secures me second place with them. Knowing my luck the store will only get 1 ::nono:

FishDUDE

not yet, offical anyways. although i no longer work at game the last day i did (yesterday) there was still not pre order campaign in place offical or otherwise.

tutu

While I was in Gamestation I asked about the PS3 pre-order (about 2 weeks ago) and they said they stopped taking pre-orders. I didn't even know they had begun :rotfl:

They said they were only getting 50,000 (approx). She might not have all the facts but it doesn't sound good.

psikey

Distinguished Member
Sounds good to me because there arn't 50,000 Gamestation stores so I should get one being second at mine :thumbsup:

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
I have a Gamestation online and HMV online pre-order (not sure whether the latter will get honoured though!)

Scapegoat

£30 deposit at Dixons - were doing it for a short period back in early July in Leeds.

Stated at the time that they were taking a very small amount of pre-orders and then shutting it down as they didn't want to repeat the 360 fiasco of more pre-orders than stock.

I am not desperate for it at the moment - my 360 is better than I imagined and the Wii looks superb. No doubt I will get one at some point, but if this pre-order fails to produce I will probably wait a while.

JamesOD

I think retailers are getting a little worried at the moment as Sony have been a little quiet on the subject of Unit numbers so no one is really willing to do a big pre-order scheme until they get a little more clarification on the matter.

I would be surprised if the UK got more than 80,000 units at launch due to the interview that Kaz Hirai gave recently where he states that production has yet to begin and Major territories will get around 700,000 units each (japan, US,europe) but then you have to factor that they will increase the Japanese allocation so as not to lose face to the Wii at home and raise the U.S allocation so as not to lose ground to microsoft in the biggest market.

So Europe may only get around 400,000 to 500,000 units then you divide that by the major countries ( Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and then the netherlands etc.) and by the time it comes to the U.K where it will cost sony more to get the units onto shelves (shipping due to the fact we are an island V.A.T etc.) it is not looking too good for us here in blighty.

Companies like Game will get the lions share of the stock (always happens) then the allocation breaks down into the likes of Gamestation toy'r'us and dixons, comet etc. and finally everyone else is left fighting over the drips.

I do hope I am wrong but I have been in the industry long enough to work the numbers. I would love everyone to get a PS3 under the tree for chrimbo but it will be so short I would say the lowest numbers yet for retail at launch.

I want one at launch but I think we will se a price reduction in the summer so I am going to hold off for a while and wait for one of the big titles to hit (although resistance: fall of man looks amazing looks amazing)

Smak

lee_c00per said:
I was wondering if you can officailly pre-order a PS3 yet as some perople cliam to have one on order already yet, i have not heard much about it

I am likely to get one from GAME if i do, and as far as i'm aware they are only allowing people to register their INTEREST

Cheers

Originally Posted by lee_c00per
The games for a start are the same as the XBox 360 ones and didn't look any superior for a start. There weren't even any games thateven got me excited.

Then the console itself. What a huge, black horrible looking
I don't want to be forced into a movie format that doesn't look like to will stand the test of time either. No rumble in controllers which wasn't too good either

Don't get me started on the price

I have no interest in the PS3 and intend to stick with the good old XBox 360 as there are actually some great looking games comming out.
Changed you're mind then? :confused:

D

Deleted member 92943

Affraid so :rolleyes:

Ater reading PMS3 Magazine and watching the disc, i was left really unimpressed with the PS3 and especially the games. There didn't seem to be anything worth shelling ou £420 for.

Maybe in a year or so if it dropped to the £300-£350 mark and there are some more games out.

At the moment i would rather play some great looking 360 games like Gears of War and dead Rising