1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you move Sonicstage files to iTunes???

Discussion in 'iPhone Forum' started by SmokeyBubbles, Oct 6, 2005.

Tags:
  1. SmokeyBubbles

SmokeyBubbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hello all,

Might be a stupid question but I have copied all my CD's into SonicStage but my girlfriend has just won a iPod mini in the Walkers competition.

Can I import SonicStage files into iTunes?

I have tried simply to select File - Import Folder - and selected the tune but it will not go. Do I have to copy all my CD's again :mad:

2. lukey

lukey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im afraid you will have to re-import your files if they are in atrac format. I had the same problem a few months ago with my first dap purchase, a hd1, which bust after a couple of weeks. Was that peeved off i swore not to purchase another and got an ipod...silly me didnt realise at the time that my existing atrac files were useless on the ipod.....please someone tell me I was right with that view????????????, had to re-import (in mp3 this time time) all my cd's into itunes. :(

3. SmokeyBubbles

SmokeyBubbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Thanks Lukey - I thought as much :(

Why can't these bloody companies agree on a single format!!!

I know they want to trap you to their format but it must sway a lot of potential customers when they realise that they will have to redo their whole CD collection.

Thanks for the advice - P.S. I hope no one else posts that it is possible :devil:

4. lukey

lukey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hope so too Chris, I learnt my lesson first time round, thats why i now do everything in MP3 so i dont get trapped with one manufacturer should my Ipod or any other future dap i have goes arse up!