• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Can you make XBMC upscale to HD?

truebluenose

Standard Member
Just recently got a 26" Panny LXD60 and have currently got it connected to Xbox via an RGB xbox scart lead. I've heard you can get component cables to get it to upscale but is it really that easy?

PS. Xbox is softmodded with Softmod.Installer.Deluxe.v2.0.Xbox-Hq and XBMC is set as my dash.

Cheers!

Drunkeh

You need to convert your box to ntsc, then in the normal xbox settings theres component out setting If i remember correctly.

tredman

Distinguished Member
Just recently got a 26" Panny LXD60 and have currently got it connected to Xbox via an RGB xbox scart lead. I've heard you can get component cables to get it to upscale but is it really that easy?

PS. Xbox is softmodded with Softmod.Installer.Deluxe.v2.0.Xbox-Hq and XBMC is set as my dash.

Cheers!

See one of my posts on the last page of Xbox Component Cable thread

truebluenose

Standard Member
Cheers for the help guys. Now have my monster component cable connected and everything enabled. Successfully streaming video from my pc and upscaling to 480p but my question is can I get it to upscale further to 720p?

Cheers.

scumball

Distinguished Member
If you have enabled 720p & 1080i in the MS dashboard then you should be able to change the XBMC GUI to 720p or 1080i. Then anything you play through XBMC will be upscaled to the GUI resolution (if this setting is checked).

truebluenose

Standard Member
Cheers worked a treat. Now my set up is near perfect. Only thing that is still a bit annoying is I have to adjust the aspect ratio using yellow button each time I play a new video. "Normal" and "Stretch 16:9" seem to get it to fill the screen. Any ideas how this can be done automatically?

Cheers.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom