Can you make left and right share the job of the centre?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Ian Vinten, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Ian Vinten

Ian Vinten
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thinking of getting the Denon AVR-1905 from here (anybody had any experience with this lot btw?) but my budget isn't going to stretch to too much after that. I've managed to pick up some Kef Q3s for about £200 and will have some rears and maybe a sub to go with it but I'm not sure I can afford a seperate centre.

Is it possible to get the left and right speakers to do the job of the centre until i save up some more pennies?

2. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +898
    Whilst I cant comment on your particular amp most amps will allow you to sent the centre as 'none' (rather than small or large) and the front L & R will be sent the centre info to 'ghost' the centre - whilst it is fine as a stop gap measure buying a matching speaker to your Kef will give a much better result

3. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,152
    It's not necessary to have the centre, you can just set this to 'none' as Astorath said, until you can afford a centre.

4. Xiox

Xiox
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You can set the center channel to "none" on the AVR-1905. It is done from the system setup menu, and with this setting the receiver will pass the signal for the center channel to the front left and right channel - as explained above(I myself don't have a center channel).