Can you increase the time before voicemail divert on Nokia 6230i?

Scapegoat

Recently got a Nokia 6230i. At present it only rings for 5 rings before it diverts to the voicemail service (on Vodafone).

Is there a way to change the settings to increase the time it takes before it diverts?

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
This is a network setting & nothing to do with the handset. PAYG is fixed & can't be altered. Contract phones can be adjusted as follows:

You can extend the ringing time before your calls go to Voicemail in multiples of 5 seconds up to a maximum of 30 seconds.

You simply need to dial:

**61*(mailbox no in international format) *10* (no. of seconds)# send

To get your mailbox number simply dial
*#104# send

International format includes +44

Scapegoat

crocodile said:
This is a network setting & nothing to do with the handset. PAYG is fixed & can't be altered. Contract phones can be adjusted as follows:

You can extend the ringing time before your calls go to Voicemail in multiples of 5 seconds up to a maximum of 30 seconds.

You simply need to dial:

*#104# send

Thanks for the information, but I think I am doing something wrong.

When I request the mailbox number I get 12 digit number (first 2 are 44) then a space and then 7 letters with a dash after the first two.

I have tried the above with the 44, without 44 - but it says unknown command after it has submitted request.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

EDIT

Tried it again with a + before the 44 (as you say in your message!) and it works.

Thanks you very much for your help.

Scapegoat

crocodile said:

You simply need to dial:

*#104# send

Thanks for the information, but I think I am doing something wrong.

When I request the mailbox number I get 12 digit number (first 2 are 44) then a space and then 7 letters with a dash after the first two.

I have tried the above with the 44, without 44 and with +44 - but it says unknown command after it has submitted request.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

3T3L1

I had this problem and ended up ringing Orange customer services to get it sorted - they were very helpful and told me what to do accurately. I can't remember how to do it now unfortunately, but that's what I'd suggest!

uczmeg

Life in an old thread, but in case someone else happens to google it as I did:

Just been trying to increase this on another phone and can see a flaw in the instructions...

The *10 should be *11, so it should be:

**61*(mailbox no in international format) *11* (no. of seconds)# send

Still didn't quite work for me. Putting in the international code for the voicemail failed. However just putting in 121 (on vodafone) worked perfectly!

So for a 30 second delay on vodafone you would enter this:

**61*121*10*30#

A full list of codes can be found here:

http://www.mobileshop.org/usertech/gsmcodes.htm

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom