1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you Help? Philips LCD PF9986

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by LCD User, Sep 8, 2005.

1. LCD User

LCD User

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have recently bought new home cinema equipment to compliment my Philips 32" LCD flat screen PF9986. I have a Denon 1906 AVR, Mission M Cubes, Thomson Freeview and Pio 575 DVD.
    I wanted to run my freeview through the AV and DVD through the amp and up onto the TV using component to keep it all neat.
    It seems now that the LCD does not support component? Any suggestions for how to get my picture up and running with the best quality picture? Do I go s video and have a wire out the side of the Panel or do I go back to Scart but have to switch between all the functions and diff remotes?

Please help

2. Rob1698

Rob1698

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please first use the search feature to find earlier postings about component video and the 9986.

3. LCD User

LCD User

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks man, but I'm now even more confused. I've just found out the Pio 575 does not support HDMI out. What's the solution?

4. LCD User

LCD User

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hopefully now I've got it now.

Philips LCD linked to amp using DVI adaptor and VGA to componnent cable. Inserts into the back of Denon AV amp. Pio 575 through the DEnon AV using component cables, Freeview, Scart to component into the Denon AV and hopefully that's me able to use all switching through the Denon amp?

5. Rob1698

Rob1698

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The possibilities and limitations of component video on the 9986 have been repeatedly discussed here. So you will soon enough find the adapter cables in your box, or else the 1.3 firmware release that does not support component video.