1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can you help me?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by John Watts, Apr 6, 2001.

1. John Watts

John Watts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Hello all,i wonder if you can advise me on the best ways to connect my equipment. Im open to suggestions about connecting in a purist way(DVD straight to TV)or on the other hand DVD to amp and amp to TV like a moniter. My kit is,Sony KP41DS1U rear pro TV,Panasonic NV-HD635 video(not s-vhs),sky digibox,Sony DVD CX850(the 200 disc changer)and my amp is Denon's new-ish 3801. I would welcome any help and thank you in anticipation. Also please be very descriptive and keep things simple for me as im not that well versed in AV lingo. Thanks again.

2. asimm

asimm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    John

The Sony must have a couple of scarts so I would:
    Video to TV (non RGB scart socket) via scart (recommend IXOS). Audio out to amplifier using decent leads - recommend QED.
    DVD to Sky Digibox in (IXOS again) and DVD audio out to amplifier via coaxial.
    Sky Digibox out to RGB sacrt socket on TV. Daisying should be possible (your DVD should come through as RGB). Sky audio out to amplifier, again using goodish leads.
    Good luck.