Can you have 2 monitors going at once

Steve Bate said:
Which is why if you can use VMR9 you avoid the pain of overlay on primary screen only. I currently run TT from a PC in a different room to my PJ and have the image on both the HTPC screen and the PJ, I control it via either my Pronto, my Gyration RF mouse or if I want to get really slick a laptop in the room running the MainLobby suite and redirecting controls either via the DVDLobby Theatertek plugin or other components via the USBUIRT plugin across my WLAN.

There are lots of ways around it but 1st off try and setting up 2 diff resolutions and switching to VMR9 in TT and see if it works. With TT2.1 VMR renderless should give a better picture also.

HTH
Steve
Marvelous! Is this using a dual head card, or multiple graphics cards? Does it matter?

And would this work for any number of monitors? I'm thinking of a creating a video wall for the bedroom. ;)

MikeTV said:
Marvelous! Is this using a dual head card, or multiple graphics cards? Does it matter?

And would this work for any number of monitors? I'm thinking of a creating a video wall for the bedroom. ;)

A Radeon 9500 with a MP-1 modification (messed around with some of the filters and converted to 5 x BNC 75ohm output rather than VGA) the DVI port feeds an LCD screen.

Dont know about multiple cards, a 17" LCD as a monitor, an 84" Screen and control via a 16.1" laptop gives me enough to look at :D

Steve

Whilst I'm thinking about it, why do you need to see the DVD on both screens when you can still view the on screen controls in overlay on the secondary monitor. You just dont see the Video output, menus are still ok.

Steve

I hope this makes up for the confusing post earlier
More than makes up for it ;) Hoyin, I was'nt having a dig mate,I just felt we were wandering off topic, but like I say I really appreciate all coments.

Which is why if you can use VMR9 you avoid the pain of overlay on primary screen only. I currently run TT from a PC in a different room to my PJ and have the image on both the HTPC screen and the PJ, I control it via either my Pronto, my Gyration RF mouse or if I want to get really slick a laptop in the room running the MainLobby suite and redirecting controls either via the DVDLobby Theatertek plugin or other components via the USBUIRT plugin across my WLAN.

There are lots of ways around it but 1st off try and setting up 2 diff resolutions and switching to VMR9 in TT and see if it works. With TT2.1 VMR renderless should give a better picture also.

Steve...what can I say..you just made your way onto my christmas card list ;) It sounds like you've got the exact setup which I'm trying to replicate....the laptop is a cool idea...I was presuming the "Remote control screen" would come at the expence of the LCD in the back room, but this is a better work around....Looks like I'll be bugging you for more specifics via PM as I need them ;) you might want to put a block me now!

Steve Bate said:
Dont know about multiple cards, a 17" LCD as a monitor, an 84" Screen and control via a 16.1" laptop gives me enough to look at :D

Steve
It's simply never enough! ;)

Good idea to remote control via laptop.

I just searched for something and this came up (I have my own issues with dual screen what with wanting to use the PC to scale NTL box and surf t'internet at the same time)
My solution to watching video on both screens, when one of them just comes up black, is to use a little tickbox called "disable hardware acceleration."
Works on my conference laptops anyway ;)

I'm getting the DMS II and will be connecting to a sony 28" WS CRT via VGA -> RGB cacadt lead and

A AE700 Via DVI -> HDMI lead.

Am I going to have a problem with resolutions I want the whole thing to be plug and play after set up?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom