• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Can you have 2 Macs, using 2 iTunes libraries..

MrMav11

Just a thought, for a maybe future project.

I have an iMac with my iTunes library on. Haven't got many movies on there as would fill my HDD. I would want movies to be able to use home sharing.

So could I buy say a Mac mini, have that running, make an iTunes library, add movies to it, and share both iTunes libraries to an Apple TV, ie one on iMac with music, other on Mac mini with movies?.

I'd prefer a NAS to work for my movie bit but not sure if I can add movies to iMac iTunes library and keep movies on NAS and music on iMac HDD, asked this question on other thread.

Thanks

bishbashboshdj

What do you want to watch the movie/listen to the music on, you just want to be able to share them on the other computer? Or do you have an apple tv or something?

To be honest, you should be able to do it through home sharing, but I wouldn't faff about for that, I'd just use something like plex

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom