• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Can you go from Vodafone Sim Only for iPhone (3 to 4)?

Andy.T

Established Member
Hi all,

I'm currently on O2, on their monthly Simplicity for iPhone on an iPhone 3G.

I want to move to Vodafone as soon as I can (as the coverage where I live and data limits are better) and to an iPhone 4 in a bit. My iPhone has been officially unlocked and I have my PAC code from O2, my question is...

If I sign up for a 12 month iPhone sim only Vodafone tariff (just using my 3G for now) and port my number from O2 etc. can I at a later date source an iPhone 4 (sim free from Apple or wherever when they are more readily available) and get Vodafone to replace my normal sim with a micro sim so I can see out the rest of my 12 months of Vodafone sim only on the iPhone 4?

I'm then looking to give my 3G to the wife once the above is sorted.

Cheers for any pointers, :thumbsup:

Andy.T

Established Member
Ahh ok cool, will give that a go. I'd rather not do the cutting the sim thing when I do go to iPhone 4. Hopefully Vodafone will just swap the sim by then.

The 12 month sim only contracts, are they rolling? i.e. if you don't cancel this time next year you'd be tied in till June 2012?

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
Ahh ok cool, will give that a go. I'd rather not do the cutting the sim thing when I do go to iPhone 4. Hopefully Vodafone will just swap the sim by then.

The 12 month sim only contracts, are they rolling? i.e. if you don't cancel this time next year you'd be tied in till June 2012?

No, they revert to a 1 month rolling contract.

Andy.T

Established Member
That's cool then, you'd think thy'd make that clearer on the page that lists the tarriffs I wouldn't have dithered so much heh. :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom