Can you get this PC spec cheaper? Money is tight, and my Laptop blew up.

Hullster

Novice Member
Reaction score
Firstly, this will be my first post, so Hi from me. I'm a DB developer contractor, just recovering from an accident and surgery and could do with a little help if i may.
It's been driving me insane trying to put together a build validating and cross referencing what will work with what, and then after, where can you get it at the right price etc. And, my god the price variance is both startling and volatile at the moment. Sometimes, you just cannot see the wood for the trees. And then at the 11th hour I found PCPart Picker, a little beauty of a site that seems to have a great function of creating a build using the parts list and save it, that is, if it is indeed reliable, i just don't know, it's my first time using it. I have put together a build here PC Builder - AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, Fractal Design Focus G Mini MicroATX Mini Tower - PCPartPicker , it looks ok but hate to make a mistake as the last time i built my own home server and PC's was back in 2001 when things were a lot simpler and after they expired I have been running laptops ever since 2008. My latest Laptop has died and i just don't have the funds at the moment to replace my Alienware.

If any of you wonderful people are particularly bored and would like to take a look and maybe pass comment or make suggestions of other components etc that would be great. The objective is to get the build as cheap as possible. My main problem with understanding is the mobo.

Criteria.
CASE - Any suitable mATX i suppose, definitely not the large, and i gave up trying to put together the ITX. Would have loved a tiny ITX with a handle on top...Laptop user........a Haptop lol...sorry about that, but thats my new phrase for them as of now.
CPU - Must be the Ryzen 7 5700G apu, saves me buying a graphics card as well.
MB - VITAL Must have BIOS flashback as CPU will not be recognised. Any Model or brand dont care but must be B550 chipset with am4 cpu slot and as the CPU only supports M.2 PCIe 3.0 the board must support M.2 PCIe 4.0 to get the SSD speeds. Must support 3200Mhz RAM. Lowest MAX RAM should be 64GB
RAM - I think 3200Mhz is sufficient. I aim to get 64GB (but later) VITAL is a minimum of 32GB long term, but that does not have to be straight away either i can go from an initial 16GB and get another 16GB the following month. The important part is 16GB is the smallest RAM size i can go....so no 2 x 8GB sticks to get 16GB etc.
SSD - Must be M.2 PCIe 4.0 1TB my latest disk image was over 450GB...In my Laptop i had 2x 500GB ssd's raid 0 and an image backup to a 3rd drive that was HDD 1TB.
PSU i suppose any 650/700 bronze

Already have Screen, keyboard, mouse and externals etc.
Needs to run MSSQL Servers, databases, full Visual studio installs, MySQL servers, PostGres and so much more.
32GB ram is needed long term as i have 26GB database files to open.

Oh and i play Elite Dangerous on occasions.

= 450GB probably.

If you can help give some advice that would be fantastic.

This isn't really a true full time PC forum. There are plenty of ones that are 'PC' only to choose from.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom