Can you get the Gamecube SD-Digicard Adapter?

zoolap

Established Member
Reaction score
Can you buy the Gamecube SD-Digicard Adapter yet?
What has happened with this? was it ever released, will it be released?

Looking on the web didn't find anywhere selling it. Hope they do release it.

Also can you use official memory nintendo cards from other countries e.g. USA, Japan on UK cubes?

You can use the memory cards for any region. They will be formatted for region when you first plug one in.

I have both 59 and 251 official cards and tbh I can't see myself ever filling them both up. What memory capacity is the 251?

Winning Eleven has filled up my 251 easily.

I can't remember where, but before I bought my 'cube this week, I had a search for the adapter and found opinion that it wasn't looking good for a release. :thumbsdow

Sorry for the lack of memory. It's the meds, I tells ya!

I'll post again, if I come across any details.

Incidentally, now I have Madden 2003 (bought in a '2 for £30' offer - in most high-street stores, bargain fans :D ), I'm really wishing the SD adapter was in existence. I bought extra 59-slot memory cards (they were cheap and the only size in stock), knowing of Madden's 59-slot requirement. It turns out the requirement is just for one type of save! If you need to save further settings or game saves, you need a larger card. I'm in two minds whether or not to keep the title... :( along with the risible F1 2002 :thumbsdow

After my experience with some third-party PlayStation cards I have, until now, stuck with 'official cards'; but does anyone have any recommendations for third-party Gamecube cards? Preferably larger than 59-slot... ;)

Originally posted by andy572

After my experience with some third-party PlayStation cards I have, until now, stuck with 'official cards'; but does anyone have any recommendations for third-party Gamecube cards? Preferably larger than 59-slot... ;)

Only recommendation is to stay away from them - no better than PS2 3rd party cards :).

there are no reports about SD adaptor, so I think we have to wait, but I hope it comes soon, because it has an incredible potential:

with 59 blocks card you have 4Mbits (512KBytes) and 251 blocks card is 16Mbits (2MBytes) each block takes 8KBytes, so that means 5 blocks are 'lost' due to disk memory asignment,

and now after these (I know, maybe boring) tech data, think about a 64MBytes or even some new 1GByte SD cards (really expensive?, yes!), do you need it?

One option save and one master league save, plus about 3 or 4 replays of goals.

If I got rid of the replays the card would still be about 2/3rds full!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom