1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you get speaker cloth in other than plain colours?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by Bert Coules, Apr 30, 2003.

1. Bert Coules

Bert Coules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +158
    After some experiment (and following advice from this forum - thanks everyone) I've decided to use speaker cloth or something similar on a hinged frame as the door for my new equipment cupboard. This should act as a dust shield, hide the gear and provide some ventilation while still allowing remote signals to pass through.

The cupboard is built in to a wall and I'm hoping that the door can be disguised as a framed picture. I suppose I can pass off a large vertical panel of solid colour as a bit of modern art, but are there any alternatives available?

Does anyone supply printed, painted or patterned speaker cloth? Failing that, I've discovered that many different types of lightish fabric are transparent to remote signals: perhaps I should be looking in fabric shops rather than hifi suppliers?

Any thoughts and suggestions will be gratefully received.

Bert
    www.bertcoules.co.uk

2. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I guess it must be available from somewhere. Best place to ask would be an in-car place, since they tend to use a lot of the stuff, in quite a variation of cooours.

They'll be able to ask their supplier.

3. Bert Coules

Bert Coules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +158