Can you enlarge your Sky+ Harddrive?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by tk212, Jan 23, 2002.

1. tk212

tk212

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Just signed up, so sorry if this has been discussed before, i didn a search and as far as i can see it hasn't. :)

Is it possible to replace the harddisk inside your Sky+ box with a larger one?

Thats pretty much it... also I should mention how pleased I am with Sky Plus - recorded all the star wars trilogy in dolby digital yesterday, and sounds great through my Yamaha - I find it comical that the best way i can see and hear those films is to record them myself now.... where are those DVD's? ;)

Phil

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,048
    Yes you can. Not official though.

Mart Stokes did it and posted how on this site. Do a search for posts by MJS. I think that's his user name.

Gordon

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
  4. tk212

tk212

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Thanks, Ive got all the info and am going to install a 120gb into my system this weekend..Thanks for the links etc, id been looking for this info for *months* Cheers Guys

Phil:D

5. mart.stokes

mart.stokes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, I've been busy recently. Yes, the digital spy forum is very good for this "modification", the guys on there have done a lot of good work. 120GB should give you about 70 hours.

This is what comes of starting to rely upon the automatic notification system, it doesn't tell you of new posts you can help with. Thanks Gordon and starburst.