Can you edit files on the 704TV

robtek70

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know if you can edit files on the 704TV like you can on the 704WiFi. I have tried but the menu doesn't contain the in and out markers or the sissors to cut the file. It does says in the manual that you can edit them if you have the DVR Station so expect I will have to buy that to do the editing.

John

Hi John,

I've got 704 TV and guess what? You can edit video files but only if you have recorded the video via the docking station. If you have recorded via the built in tuner using the antenna it uses a different file format .TS or Transport Stream . For some reason Archos have decided that if you use their portable device to record TV while you are out and about you then cannot edit the recordings!! I have fired off a complaint to Archos asking them to do a firmware upgrade but they haven't as yet replied.

Tony P

Thanks Tony,

I do hope Archos produces an update which will allow editing of the .TS files. I also have e-mailed them but don't really hold out much hope of them doing anything about it. I have a Humax 9200T HDD Freeview recorder and this allows me to edit the .TS files it produces so it should be possible for Archos to do the same. At the moment I have to transfer the files to my computer for editing and then back again.

Just ordered the docking station so I will be able to edit the avi's which this produces on the Archos.

John

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom