1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you do dual projectors?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by MyMateJohn, Feb 16, 2005.

1. MyMateJohn

MyMateJohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :rolleyes: I expect the answer to be "no", but what I was wondering was that instead of buying a true 1080p projector at around £20k, could you buy two lower resolution projectors for about £5k and give each one half the image to display? Giving a cumulative 1920*1080 image :confused: I thought this may be achievable through a HTPC, like with normal dual display setup?

So tell me where this idea falls apart :D

2. shodan

shodan
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,217
    You have too much money!!!

I've got no idea about your query but that thought popped into my head so I thought I'd share! ;)

Good luck with this one, if you get it to work it would be worthy of a pro review!!!

3. Flimber

Flimber
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,477
    I'm sure it's possible and I'm sure it's also possible to have two projectors display an 'interlaced' image between them to double the resolution (one to project the odd lines, one to project the even lines). Possibility and practicality are not always the best of friends, however. How long until 1080p projectors are much more affordable though ?

Mike.

4. MyMateJohn

MyMateJohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :rotfl: Hehe, not rich at all I'm afraid. Simply observing some actual rich people in another forum discussing $25k+ projectors for the purpose of true 1080p output. Then the idea occurred to me about dual projectors. The problems that sprung to my mind were postioning the projectors and faffing about with cable standards.

Compared to all other true 1080p options (for anywhere near the screen size a projector allows) dual projectors should provide the cheapest :eek: option :cool:

5. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,780
    It's possible to do edge blending to allow two side by side images. Not the best results for watching home cinema.....and the cost is not cheap..I'll attach an image in a sec of an edgeblended set up from ISE in Amsterdam at end of Jan.

Gordon