1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you connect Cyrus 8 and CD8 to a subwoofer

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Saya2001, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Saya2001

Saya2001
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi

Is it possible to connect Cyrus8 and CD8 to a Subwoofer and how?

Cheers

Also whats the maximum sub size that i could use?. Considering its an acive sub does it matter how powerful it is?

2. tom_nieto

tom_nieto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yes, you can either use the pre-outs or high level outputs and route the sound through the sub. I'm not sure why you'd want to though, the 8 coupled with a pair of good speakers should give you all the bass that you need.

Use whatever size you need! If your room is huge and you need cataclysmic bass then you might need something massive, or even 2 :eek:

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    I don't know your amp, but if it has a pre-out (as tom_nieto's reply suggests it does) then you can use that with a long phono cable to the subwoofer. Most subs can also take the amp speaker outputs and then pass the higher frequencies on to the main speakers. Just take the speaker cable from amp to sub and then connect more speaker cable from the sub speaker outputs to your speakers.
    You would do only one of the above, not both connection types.

Well I have just ordered and am waiting on delivery of a 15" subwoofer with a 1250w amp - and I live in a first floor flat :devil:

Mark.