Can you cancel sky subs?

vib ribbon

Banned
Hi All,

Had a quick look if anyone has previously posted this question, but couldnt find one.

Anyway, I got a SKY HD box in October last year, then rang up sky to ask for a viewing card. I subscribed to a couple of 'mixes', sky sports and the HD channels, which currently cost me a whopping £45 a month.

Seeing as i havnt been with Sky for 12 months yet, i was wondering what the chances of me getting rid of sky sports (now the footie is over) and also the HD channels (they have got worse and now worth having anymore IMHO), but still keep the basic package i have got (the 'Variety' mix i think they call it) to save myself £20 a month.

I know i could just ring sky up and ask them, but thought i would ask here first to see what ground i can stand on.

Thanks in advance :smashin:

Broadz

You can certainly drop (and re-add) sports whenever you like. Many people have dropped their package to the absolute minimum (£16 per month) while still tied into the first twelve months. The HD might not be so simple - when you sign up to that I'm sure it's a minimum 12 month contract. As you didn't buy the box from them there may be some leeway (if you had bought the box from Sky and wanted to drop Sky HD they would have charged you an extra £100 for the box).

vib ribbon

Banned
You can certainly drop (and re-add) sports whenever you like. Many people have dropped their package to the absolute minimum (£16 per month) while still tied into the first twelve months. The HD might not be so simple - when you sign up to that I'm sure it's a minimum 12 month contract. As you didn't buy the box from them there may be some leeway (if you had bought the box from Sky and wanted to drop Sky HD they would have charged you an extra £100 for the box).
Cheers for the info - I can see what you mean about the HD channels. But, as you said, seeing as I didnt buy the box from them and they didnt even need to come round to do the installation i hope that will give me the points i need to drop it.

BrianMc

Novice Member
Cheers for the info - I can see what you mean about the HD channels. But, as you said, seeing as I didnt buy the box from them and they didnt even need to come round to do the installation i hope that will give me the points i need to drop it.
As Broadz said you can drop the Sky subscription down to £16 (as that is not a cancellation).

You cannot, in theory, cancel the SkyHD subscription - that's separate and has it's own 12-month minimum. Mostly they stick to that but some people have been lucky!

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom