Question Can you buy better than a Samsung MS750 with SWAW700 sub and SWA900 rears for £800?

chaosphere

Novice Member
Reaction score
As the title says, currently the sub is on offer as is the MS750 so thinking about jumping for this (or possibly the MS650 which is about £150 cheaper) wireless surround set but is there anything else out there worth considering for similar money?

Got a long open living room/dining area so think smaller options like the Sonos Beam wouldn’t work well enough for the space.

Thanks

I can confirm that the 650 with subwoofer and rear speakers delivers very decent, clear sound, so I would imagine, and hope, the 750 only improves on that. Of course it depends on your room size and layout as rear speakers need reasonably careful positioning to get the best 'immersion'. I had the 650 on its own for a while and the sound was already very good, then when I added the rear speakers they brought a welcome surround sound and a much more immersive experience to movie watching. Finally I went for the sub, which I didn't think I would get as I thought it might be overkill but have to say very glad I did, it seems to relieve the soundbar of some bass duty and the range now seems to be much more full. The sub has its own volume control which helps too so you can keep it very subtle if needed. I can't say if the 750 is worth the extra money over the 650 as I haven't heard it but if its any use, the 650 is already decent particularly with the add ons.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom