1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you buy an adapter to use SD cards on your PSP?

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Rob20, May 5, 2005.

1. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    Just wondering as SD cards are far cheaper than mem sticks, and huge SD cards are promised for 2006/2007.

2. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +722
    Not having one to hand but i'm 99% sure that a SD card is wider than a Memory Stick so even with an adaptore its never gonna fit in the slot. Unless of course they do one where the SD card sticks out the top, but i would of thought that would be a bit impractical.

3. aligebes

aligebes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I remember reading about such a device, but it meant the memory stick port on the PSP was then always going to be open and subject to possible damage,dust etc.

I got a 1gig Pro Duo on Ebay for £60.00 including postage from Hong Kong a while back, it arrived 6 days later and had been marked down in price and also marked as a gift. I went back ang got a 1gig compact flash from the same seller for £50 about a month ago.

I would suggest buying a Pro Duo, as I'm sure you would not be happy if your PSP stopped accessing the memory stick due to dust or whatever.

4. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    Ok cheers. Was just wondering. Recently got a 512MB Sandisk. Well, it's actually only 468MB due to the fact that they classify a MB as 1,000K rather than 1,024K which is what it should be. To me that's like Sainsburys selling milk in 500ml containers and claiming it's a pint on the packaging, (rather than 568ml). How does Sandisk get away with this? :confused:

£60 for 1 GB is a bargain. I ended up paying £47 inc rec del for my 512MB. Couldn't find it much cheaper on ebay after you added del and insurance. Plus customs risk etc. Still, have you a link to this seller. Does he have any more 1GB cards at £60.

5. aligebes

aligebes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    If you don't mind shipping, there are several US auctions ending this afternoon, you could try monitoring them and making a bid in the last few minutes. Several are sitting at £77 for 1gig at the moment, though this may change closer to finish time.

I had a look at the one I used, there are no pro duo sticks up for auction at the moment.

6. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,923
    Just noticed that Play.com have Sony Pro Duo cards at pretty good prices, only £39.99 for a 512Mb and its hard to find a Sandisk one at that price let alone a Sony one :thumbsup:

7. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    Good find. I lost patience trying to find one and ended up paying £47 for a Sandisk 512MB. Still, that did include next day rec del. Why do I always find these things out 1 week after I've given up looking? doesn't matter how long I look for. As soon as I stop and buy something, it turns up cheaper a week later. :rolleyes:

8. PiePie

PiePie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It seems likely that someone will make a media card adaptor in the near future. Either a PC peripheral manufacturer or a slightly dubious company that produces "development tools" for consoles. I should hope so too because Sony's stuff is almost always more expensive than other brands.