• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

CAn you buy a heavy Feel medium tog duvet?

DPinBucks

Distinguished Member
I don't see why not. Try the cheaper end of the market: they will have synthetic fillings which are less efficient TOG-per-kg-wise. The best insulators are feathers or down, which are mostly air.

BobBob21

We bought, or more accurately SWMBO bought and I paid for, a very heavy linen set of bedding fairly recently. It weighs a ton but being linen its very breathable and so doesn't make you hot.

These ones were silly money, and linen may not be the texture that everyone aims for, but I am sure others must make a more sensibly priced version. It would certainly achieve the objective of heavy weight but not hot covering if you put a light summer tog duvet in it

blue max

Distinguished Member
I now use a wool one. Actually because they are supposed to regulate your temperature. I can get very hot in bed!
Got it from baavet in their bargain box (bit cheaper). Been very pleased with it and it actually has a bit of weight to it, which sounds like it might suit you.
Baavet Wool Duvets

Distinguished Member
Another vote for wool here. I bought a Fogarty one from Dunelm and it is great at regulating temperature.

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
Down duvets all have a decent weight to them. Mine is 4.5+8. Removed the 8 part and it still feels snug, although I mostly sleep without one in the warmer weather.

IronGiant

TOGs: he has a lightweight summer one (4.5 TOG) and a heavier weight 8 TOG (think Autumn). Together they combine to provide a 12.5 TOG winter duvet.

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
TOGs: he has a lightweight summer one (4.5 TOG) and a heavier weight 8 TOG (think Autumn). Together they combine to provide a 12.5 TOG winter duvet.

This.
Except I meant 4.5 + 9.
They button together. You can then use 13.5, 9 or 4.5 depending on weather.

IronGiant

I did think 12.5 was an odd TOG number for a winter duvet... :thumbsup:

Inferno

Distinguished Member
12.5, 13.5 I'd die under either, we have a light Wool duvet whatever that is 4-6 tog equivalent and that's on in the coldest months, we have a throw over on at the moment and I am on top of that as it's too warm under it, sure it's this house it's too damn well insulated.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom