Can you backup Sky+

PrivatePile76

I've done a quick search but is it possible to backup the contents of a Sky + 160 box ?

I need to format my box as I'm having issues with it.

Or can you backup to a PC for example ?

cheers

Pile

GiganticDays

Best alternatives are:-
Use the RF output of your Sky+ box to connect to either a HDD/DVD recorder or a TV Tuner card in a PC.
I've successfully backed up many hours using the former option, but both will only capture in real time so it takes pigging ages if your drive is full.
What I did was connect my old Philips HDRW720 via standard Coax, recorded everything to the HDD, edited it to remove adverts etc.then dubbed it to a series of DVDs.
It took a while but now my 3 year old can watch In The Night Garden to his heart's content without filling up my Sky+ box.

Kevo

RF !! :eek:

What's wrong with good old SCART (RGB), which would give you an infanetley better picture as well as stereo audio, unlike mono on RF

Bursar

Because not many TV cards have SCART connectors on them? :)

Ofcourse using a VCR/DVD recorder would make SCART connections much easier.

True Romance

Distinguished Member
I've done a quick search but is it possible to backup the contents of a Sky + 160 box ?

I need to format my box as I'm having issues with it.

Or can you backup to a PC for example ?

cheers

Pile

why do you want to back it up? it will all be repeated again:D

PrivatePile76

why do you want to back it up? it will all be repeated again:D

lol.......fair cop matey.....

Thanks for advice so far, I guess I need a TV card......

it's also good to back it up if the damn thing crashes.......with a 160 box you can accumulate some decent stuff......it's also good for recording funny moments in programmes......

it's so accessible though when you've just got a menu with all your fave stuff from the last year or so......

:thumbsup:

Pile

jrisch

Because not many TV cards have SCART connectors on them? :)

A lot have composite input though (yellow/red/white). So you'd need a SCART to composite cable, and as most TV cards have a 3.5 mm jack input you'd also need a twin phono to 3.5 mm plug as well.

HTH.

dmaidmen

You could backup the hard disk using copy+ but this would mean removing the drive from the Sky Plus box.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom