Can you attach a LCD wall bracket to a chimney breast wall?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by MrMister111, Jan 5, 2007.

1. MrMister111

MrMister111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Hi

I am getting a LCD soon, and if possible want to put it on the wall to free up some space in my bedroom.

My question is that the only "wall" it can go on is the chimney breast - is this safe/legal to do?

The LCD TV will be a 23" or a 26" I want a wall bracket that will "come" off the wall to allow tilt and sideways movement for better viewing, and then fold back onto the wall so the TV will be against the wall when not in use.

please help (and any recommendations on types and where to get a wall bracket please)

thanks
    Andy

2. thecleaner

thecleaner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi there

Yes you can, I belive the best brackets are Vogels, plenty here: http://www.avrabbit.com/ who I also believe are the official importers for the UK. Telephone support is good, I bought a stand from them which didnt quite fit my tv and they sent me some extra bolts to do the job.

Sam

3. MrMister111

MrMister111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    so its safe to connect to the chimney breast.

I was concerned that attaching it would not be possible as its a sealed wall ie for the gas fire.

i will look on them brackets - thanks, hey just looked. the price is good for the type I want thanks for that, will also phone to confirm allowed to fix to the chimney breast!

Also have a look on trusty ebay I think
    cheers