Can Xbox One output Dolby digital plus to Sonos arc?

kp278

Not sure if this should go in gaming ??

Hi all

I can’t get dd+ atmos from the Xbox one. Should I be able to?

On the Xbox I can choose Dolby digital or Dolby atmos. My tv has arc not e-arc and atmos doesn’t work. If I choose dd I only get 5.1.

I’m playing an atmos 4k disc.
TV is a Samsung 55MU9000.
It can play dd+ from other sources.

Thanks, Kris

keithwiggins

the tv wont pass it through im afraid, only way would be direct to soundbar but arc only has the one hdmi so your scuppered i am afraid.

BigTelHols

If your TV doesn't have E-ARC you won't be able to get full fat Dolby Atmos from your Xbox. The Xbox also doesn't do Dolby Digital Plus only Dolby Digital, so you won't be able to get lossy Atmos either.

BigTelHols

IMHO you'd be better upgrading your TV to one with E-ARC if lossless Atmos is your end goal and you want to keep the Sonos Arc, or change your soundbar to one with at least one HDMI input. This is from someone with a Sonos Arc and E-ARC TV.

kp278

New TV isn’t strictly out of the question but not something I was actively shopping for. My MU9000 was just below the flagship QLEDs in the 2017 lineup so next step up for me would be a QLED or OLED. I got the 9000 in 2018 for half price so I can get 70% back to soften the blow of any purchase. I’d probably look for last years Q/OLED for around the half price if I can. Any input on recommended TVs welcome, I also might wait for Black Friday.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom