Can Windows 7 media server replicate my picture folders?

goshmon

Standard Member
Reaction score
I am using Windows 7 media server via Homegroup Network to stream Jpeg pictures from my laptop into my TV (Panasonic Viera Tools media client). The media server/client displays the pictures under my Homegroup name and organises the files by date.
Is it possible, by some means or other, for the server to display the files organised in the folders the way they appear in “My Pictures” on the laptop?

You mean folder directory's ?

Do Panasonic actually have Homegroup support on the TV where you type in your password, if it were a basic SMB client (windows networking) then it normally would only display folders and nothing else. There's no settings you can toggle for display or layout ?

The only other way I can think of is through DLNA, activate Windows Media Player 12 on the PC and you should be given a folder browsing option when accessing through the DLNA client on the TV. If the way WMP12 displays things isnt to your liking try other DLNA servers like Mezzmo or Serviio.

:thumbsup:Absolutely right. Selected “sort by folder” in the browsing option of the activated Windows Media Player on the PC, and now the TV displays the files sorted by folder in the way they are in My Pictures. Easy, ah um!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom