Can we create a sticky with the major features (issues) of the popular brands?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ensyed, Jan 2, 2007.

1. ensyed

ensyed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I think it would save everyone looking to buy/upgrade a DVD Recorder if we could create a sticky with the major elements of each brand. I have read a lot of threads and things get confusing.
    e.g. what sort of media, playback formats, harddrive size, multiregion capability, freeview tuner, EPG

Thank you

2. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    [Mod Comment: Hello there, the forum is in the process of creating a single sticky for sections such as this (only a few sections like gaming need multiple stickies) that contains pertinent information or links. However being initiated just before Xmas I have not had the chance to get round to doing a serious update of the one in this section as we are usually short handed Moderater-wise due to folks going away for the festivities. Most likely the sticky will take the form of a short Glossary of Terms for people completely new to the idea of DVD-R etc, plus a bunch of links as i say to posts/threads of use. The forum itself has to be careful on legal grounds not to make sweeping statements as to whether a product is good or bad, but providing there is adequete proof members can say more than we can if there is a form of balance. Anyhow, once i've got enough time i'll get the sticky going, at which point I will be asking members to PM me links that will be useful to go in it, but not just yet. Cheers, Knyght_byte: End Mod Comment]