Can we bypass from any players to Kuro KRP500A ?

Puccainbkk

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all From Thailand
I need help I got problem with my KRP 500a to turn on . The blue light at Media box keep flashing, I called Pioneer service IN THAILAND . He explain the flashing is 8 times mean the main board on Media box is dead ! Pioneer Japan does NOT have any a supply of this main board anymore the last one as he order from Japan it was 2 years ago the last last one..

He could fix it . I wonder the dispalyport on TV can we use the HDMI + switching or Do they have adapter to switch HDMI to Display port ..

I hope anyone can help..
I think 65G6T is not reasonable price here

Im sorry with my poor English .. Hope anyone explain or any what I can do ..

Tony Lee

I have been wandering about the same in the last few weeks. I found no answer.
In the mean time, somebody else bought that cheap box-less display I had on my watch-list. :(

I understood nobody was willing to try and connect a working KRP-500A display directly to a DisplyaPort output on a standard PC VGA card, since there is a small but existing risk it might damage either or both ends. Although, I am not sure why nobody with a broken media box ever tried that on his/her own already and lived to tell the tale whether it was a success or a clear failure.

I would love to hear your experience if you could try and attach a standard displayport cable between the KRP-500A display and your PC to see what happens. I think you have a 50/49.99 chance it might just work, and 0.01 to cause damage (even if they are not compatible for some reason, they should not cause permanent damage).

Thank you for you attention. I DID talk to Pioneer service guy and he keeps saying No! "You won't do that." Apart, the damage to TV set could not know . The final the box is completely DEAD, I will get the HDMI to DisplayPort to try on.. Nothing to loose at the time being .
I will let you know ..
thank you again..

Last edited:
Ermmm, No, nothing well there was some alternating Red/Blue boxes on the screen for approx 10 seconds then the 500p switched itself off, had 3 more attempts with it and the same result each time.

So it's looking like some voodoo is afoot, what who knows (maybe Pioneer do/will definitely), there has to be some encoded Pioneer handshake between the Media Box and the Monitor going on and only the Media Box can generate the acceptance greeting that the monitor will accept.

I tried, on the up side nothing went BANG or got fried and as soon as I reconnected the DP Cable back into the Media Box and fired it up it just worked as normal, sorry folks :(.

@Inferno - Thank you very much. :clap:

I always suspected there is probably some proprietary communication through an auxiliary data channel (even standard DisplayPort supports that) but I hoped it might be willing to work as a monitor in the absence of the box (it could have been either a supported but undocumented, or an unsupported but still working setup). Now we know it just won't work.

So, that much about shopping for cheap KRP-x00A with broken box. :(

Im thinking to get 65" E6 or G6 to replace KRP500A IF it's really Dead..
Any suggest ??

Im thinking to get 65" E6 or G6 to replace KRP500A IF it's really Dead..
Any suggest ??

Both are great TVs if you can afford them - go for the E6 if you already have a home cinema speaker system since the display itself is the same as the G6, and it's much cheaper.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom