• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Can VSM 2048 do vertical stretch for 2.35:1

tonynwa

Standard Member
I want to use the AV 192R and VSM 2048 with an JVC HD1 and Prismasonic anamorphic lens, can the scaler do vertical stretch? I've tried every setting I can think to no avail.

Joelc

Established Member
LOng time since I had my AV192R/VSM2048 (or even posted here) but my memory is that the answer is yes...one needs to change two parameters as follows:

1. Apect ratio where one needs to enter 2.35:1 (rather than 1.78 or 1.33); and

2. The resolution in terms of vertical and horizontal pictures and voila...you're done!

HTH

Barry.NI

Established Member
On the Screen set up menu selecting fill height instructs the vsm2048 use the full height cropping the L & R of the picture. Non-Linear will stretch the outer parts of the screen maintaining correct proportions over the central part. Linear fill screen will uniformly stretch the image to fill the screen area. Might be worth a try if Joelc's method does not work, I will try when I have time. TCM are particularly a problem being mainly in letterbox.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom