Can Varilight dim a fluorescent tube

neilball

No it will not work. You need a special dimmer and special ballast/control gear in the fitting driving the flourescent - 0-10v, DALI, DSI etc. Normal leading or trailing edge dimmers cannot be used for this. Unfortunately I do not know of any faceplate dimmers that can do this.

Drutista

Standard Member
I agree peace1, i've just bought that dimmer:

I too think it is a excellent piece of kit and have also fitted my home with some of the mechanical switches:

The Black matches really well and has a good look to it when fitted to the wall.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Bad Ju-JU

Standard Member
Hi, purchased 2x CTS 2030 remote dimmer switches & eventually programmed setting one to its asscociated controller & used the second setting the program to the other switch. However, after managing to get the controllers working, a few weeks later they both have stopped working (a week or so apart) and the setting 2 has failed as well. One of the controllers I managed to re-program, which again failed after a few days & the other won't re-program at all now. It's not the batteries either and I have tried re-programming each control with the other switch. Has anybody has similar problems? Thanks.

gstyla1

Hi, purchased 2x CTS 2030 remote dimmer switches & eventually programmed setting one to its asscociated controller & used the second setting the program to the other switch. However, after managing to get the controllers working, a few weeks later they both have stopped working (a week or so apart) and the setting 2 has failed as well. One of the controllers I managed to re-program, which again failed after a few days & the other won't re-program at all now. It's not the batteries either and I have tried re-programming each control with the other switch. Has anybody has similar problems? Thanks.

I am having the same issue :(

Sent the remote back initially as I thought it was faulty. Have just got a replacement one and the same issue. I can get the wall switch to beep after holding the down button on for 5 seconds, but when I try and synch the remote it does not do anything on the remote. Pretty fed up to be honest.

Did you ever get this resolved?

Cheers
G

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom